Confederation of Indian Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (CIMSME) and Confederation of Startupreneurs and Studentpreneurs (CSS), are units of Indian Centre for Social, Economic and Environmental Research. Confederation is a national business network of 1,700+ leading entrepreneurs. Founded in recent past by a group of young entrepreneurs, Confederation enables business owners to learn from each other, leading to greater business success and an enriched personal life.
We educate, we transform, we inspire and we offer invaluable resources in the form of national events, leadership-development programs, an online entrepreneur forum and executive education opportunities, among other offerings designed for personal and professional growth.
At its core, Confederation is a collection of like-minded entrepreneurs focused on business growth, personal development and community engagement. In addition to our mission, vision and core values, our national makeup is comprised of nearly 1,700+ individual member stories.
• To engage leading entrepreneurs to learn and grow. • To be the most representative business confederation in India, a strong, homogeneous and comprehensive associative employer structure, able to effectively defend the interests of companies in India and abroad.
- To build the world’s most influential community of entrepreneurs.
- Represent the national business activity, with autonomy and independence in India and abroad.
- Contribute to the progress of the market economy and private initiative.
- Support companies of all sizes and sectors.
- Be the spokesman for enterprises and defend their interests and proposals within economic, political and social fora.
- Defend the social dialogue as a tool for increasing competitiveness.
- Negotiate, on behalf of companies, with the social partners and with political power, both at national and international level.
- Be an agent of change in dialogue with civil society, promoting and ensuring sustainable growth of the Indian companies and of the economy in a globalized world.
- To assist members in export promotion, modernisation, quality control, pollution con¬trol, improving the efficiency of utilization of resources, utilisation of cutting-edge tools and techniques etc.
- To assist the government in achieving socio-economic goals of removing poverty and increasing employment opportunities through a holistic approach of collaboration.
- To promote scientific research, import substitution, and fullest possible utilization of national resources, innovation and incubation, a culture of collaboration.
- To identify and strengthen industry's role in the economic development of the country
- To act as a catalyst in bringing about the growth and development of Indian Industry and better entrepreneur growth eco-system
- To reinforce industry's commitment to society
- To provide up-to-date information and data to industry, government, institution and other stakeholders
- To create awareness and support industry's efforts on quality, environment, energy management and consumer protection
- To identify and address the special needs of the small sector to make it more competitive
- To promote cooperation with counterpart organisations
- To work towards the globalization of Indian industry and integration into the world economy
- To conduct interdisciplinary research in analytical and applied areas of social sciences, encompassing diverse aspects of development.
- To assist both central and state governments by undertaking systematic studies of resource potential, identifying factors influencing growth and examining measures for reducing poverty.
- To establish fruitful contacts with other institutions and scholars engaged in social science research through collaborative research programmes and seminars, and to conduct training courses and refresher programmes for university and college teachers and public functionaries.